STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
Tuesday, February 10, 1998 – 8:55 a.m.
JRW East Conference Room
The regular meeting of the State Board of Examiners was held February 10, 1998 at 8:55 a.m. in the JRW East Conference Room.
Governor Philip E. Batt, Chairman of the Board
Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa
Attorney General Alan G. Lance
State Controller and Secretary of the Board J. D. Williams
Sub-Committee members present:
David High, Office of Attorney General
Darrell Manning, Office of Governor
H. W. Turner, Office of State Controller
Ben Ysursa, Office of Secretary of State
1. STATE CONTROLLER’S OFFICE
Proposed policy for establishing final end dates for compensatory time payments for exempt employees when approved by the Board of Examiners by designating a starting point for allowing payment of overtime, and an ending point returning the employee to ineligible status. Department of Lands Fire Suppression and emergency type situations such as floods, etc., would be the exception. If it is necessary for the employee to be paid for overtime worked after the approved end date, the agency must request an extension from the Board of Examiners.
2. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
Request for authorization to waive the bonus limit for the following employees for the PERSI rate reduction bonus because their current wage was at or near the end of their pay grade, or the maximum bonus total was exceeded when combined with the one time increases distributed last summer per HCR 25, pursuant to Idaho Code §67-5309C (b) (iii):
Name and Title Location Waiver
3. STATE LIQUOR DISPENSARY
Richard Haverman, R.Ph., Pharmacist State Hospital North $993
Tom Atkinson, RN Charge Admissions Officer State Hospital North $440
Jo Sharrai, Medical Technologist State Hospital North $568
Merlin Anderson, HR Specialist State Hospital North $568
Delbert Walker, Carpenter State Hospital North $383
Errol Arford, Clinical Supervisor Region I Mental Health $330
Fred Scoresby, Clinical Supervisor Region VII F&CS $843
Val Denton, Human Services Supervisor Region VII Mental Hlth $854
Winston Clayton, Social Worker Region VII F&CS $676
Martha Buttram, Therapy Technician Region III, DDP $198
Fred Confer, Psychosocial Rehab Spec Region III, CMH $ 95
Barbara Gibson, Clerical Specialist Region III, Self-Rel Pg $ 11
Tim McGee, Clinician Region III, CMH $674
Shambu Yadav, Clinical Supervisor Region III Mental Hlth $966
Joyce Malstrom, IT Systems Operator ITSD $186
Coleen Nelson, Administrative Secretary ITSD $403
Tom Waters, IT Systems Analyst ITSD $453
Adrian Dean, Physician, Clinical Director Region V Mental Hlth $1104
William Urhig, Self-Reliance Spec, Principal Region V EBT $250
Duree Allen, Personnel Specialist ISSH $400
Linda Bates, Administrative Secretary ISSH $200
James Bulmer, Therapy Technician ISSH $140
Cindy Gant, Therapy Technician ISSH $425
Christine Howell, Therapy Technician ISSH $140
Ralph Hutchison, Therapy Technician ISSH $425
Krystin Miley, Therapy Technician ISSH $140
Twila Morford, Therapy Technician ISSH $140
Reed Mulkey, Social Worker ISSH $630
Jerry Schank, Occupational Therapist ISSH $460
Carol Small, Therapy Technician ISSH $140
Renee Stewart, Social Worker ISSH $630
Letitia Thomas, Personnel Technician ISSH $475
Nancy Harvey, Administrative Secretary Division of Medicaid $500
Diane Yarrington, Alternate Care Coord Division of Medicaid $900
Theo Murdock, State Welfare Pol Pgm Spec Division of Medicaid $1204
Richard Swenson, Ph.D., Psych, Clin Supv State Hospital South $520
David Sitzman, Electrician State Hospital South $230
Daniel Perry, Security Officer, Hlth Facility State Hospital South $ 80
Kathryn Christiansen, Sr. Secretary State Hospital South $140
C. Dale Williams, Clinician State Hospital South $245
John McCormick, M.D., Clinical Director State Hospital South $480
Ralph Heckard, M.D., Medical Director State Hospital South $480
Budd Kendrick, Ph.D., Chief of Psychology Region IV $337
Francis Kirk, Ph.D., Clinical Supervisor Region IV $299
Shirley Carrier, Welfare Eligibility Examiner Region IV $431
Katherine Griffith, Client Services Technician Region IV FCS $123
Denise Green, Technical Records Specialist Region IV FCS $ 10
Jack Kaper, Social Worker Region IV FCS $594
Paula Woodward, Legal Secretary Region IV Admin $376
Robert Bratcher, Chief of Social Work Region IV FCS $683
Susan Altman, Administrative Secretary Region IV Admin $494
Phil Gordon, Welfare Quality Control Anal, Sr Division of Welfare $667
Lynn Willmorth, Secretarial Supervisor Division of Welfare $385
Gary Grunke, Technical Writer Division of Welfare $347
Request for authorization to pay 265.5 hours accrued compensatory time for Robert L. Bergstrom, Information Technology Resource Manager. Mr. Bergstrom is unable to take time off due to increased workload in preparation of the Year 2000 Project and turnover within the Information Technology Unit. He is nearing his vacation maximum accrual and has 60.5 hours of Earned Administrative Leave.
4. TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Request for authorization for an extension for the following employees to accrue vacation in excess of the maximum allowable limit while working on the new Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) until April 1, 1998 because of the revised implementation date. Any excess balances accrued will be liquidated before December 30, 1998.
Hard Baxter Chuck Cahoon Richard Cate
Kathy Chase Leonard Campbell Jim Csencsits
David Hall Suzanne Hawkins Steve Hunt
Jeff Kopsa Mary Mangum Ron Mangum
Laurie McAllister Dee Moffat Rod Becker
Sherrill Smith Jackie Routen Cheryl Becker
G. Lee Peckham W. Mark Richardson Rick Jones
Randy Hall John Hurst Tom Martin
Ron Stricklin Kurtis Smith
OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL
5. Notification that Ms. Candy Wagahoff Dale of Hall, Farley, Oberrecht & Blanton has been appointed to represent the interests of the State of Idaho as Special Deputy Attorney General in the matter of Bonnie Hunter’s complaint to the Human Rights Commission and EEOC, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
6. Notification that Mr. Steven K. Brown, of the firm of Hopkins, Roden Crockett, Hansen & Hoopes, has been appointed to represent the defendant in the Mann v. Rush, Case No. CV-OC-97-01887, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
7. Notification that Howard R. Foley has been appointed to represent the Ada Soil Conservation District (District) in negotiations with the Ada County Highway District (ACHD) and any subsequent litigation which may be filed by the ACHD, related to the acquisition by ACHD under its power of eminent domain or property interests in the District’s real property located at 118 West Franklin in Meridian, Idaho, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
8. Notification that Mr. William A. McCurdy, of the firm of Evans Keane, LLP, has been appointed to represent the plaintiffs in the State of Idaho ex rel Winder, et al. v. Stahl and Dowding, Case No. CV-OC-95-004629D, and State of Idaho ex rel Smith, et al. v. Rock Contractors, Inc., Case No. CV-OC-95-02907D, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
9. Notification that John W. Barrett has been appointed to appear for the Idaho Industrial Commission as an amicus in the Simpson v. Louisiana-Pacific Corp. and State of Idaho, ISIF, I.C. No. 90-685940, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
10. Notification that Mr. Merlyn W. Clark, of the firm of Hawley, Troxell, Ennis & Hawley, LLP, has been appointed to represent the defendants in the Hawkins v. Idaho Board of Correction, CV-OC-97-07135-M, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
11. Notification that Paul Panther has been appointed a special deputy attorney general for the purposes of representing the Department of Correction in the Gomez v. Spalding, CV-91-0299-S-LMB, pursuant to Idaho Code § 67-1409.
12. Notification that Stephen B. McCrea, Edwin L. Litteneker, Michael B. Howell, Mick Hodges, Steven A. Thomsen, and Robert L. Crowley, Jr. have been appointed to represent the State of Idaho in any appeal from a hearing officer’s decision filed pursuant to the authority of Idaho Code § 18-8002A, Automatic License Suspension Program.
13. Reports from Boise State University, Idaho State University, University of Idaho, and Lewis-Clark State College on moving expense reimbursements (July 1, 1997 through September 30, 1997 and October 1, 1997 through December 31, 1997), per the State Moving Policy.
J. D. Williams noted there are some inconsistencies in how actual cost moving reimbursement negotiation packages are determined on the quarterly moving reimbursement report provided by the Board of Education for the universities and colleges. After discussion it was decided to write a letter to the State Board of Education requesting more information .
Motion to approve the Consent Agenda was made by Secretary of State Pete T. Cenarrusa and seconded by Attorney General Alan G. Lance. Motion passed unanimously.
WHEREUPON THE MEETING OF THE STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS was adjourned, subject to the call of the Chairman.
Governor Philip E. Batt
J. D. Williams, Secretary to the Board
and State Controller